Call Us Today! 865.591.8923 | 4432 Middlebrook PikeKnoxville, TN 37919|info@crossfitktown.com

20RM squats are life-changing

Home/CrossFit Ktown Knoxville, Uncategorized/20RM squats are life-changing

20RM squats are life-changing

Jeremy Wade is on the telly again while I am making this post.

Warm-up: 2 Rounds – 10 Good Mornings, 10 Back Squats, 10 Behind the Neck Push Press; 30 sec Hip Opener and Samson Stretch

Squat: 20RM

MetCon – 3RFT:
25 KBS (50/35lbs)
15 V-ups

1)      If you have yet to get your picture taken for the Paleo Challenge, do so ASAP.

2)      There will be a Lululemon trunk show this Wednesday at the gym from 4-6:30PM.

3)      I am a firm believer that all of us are completely uneducated on the Eastern Front of World War II.  I challenge you to research what the German and Russian soldiers had to endure on what was the largest, most atrocity-filled operation of not just WWII, but any war in human history.  Knowledge is power.

Be ready for a guest post tomorrow!
Coach G

By | 2017-04-25T14:38:40+00:00 April 24th, 2012|CrossFit Ktown Knoxville, Uncategorized|6 Comments

6 Comments

1. Bucklington April 24, 2012 at 2:02 am

There is an obvious question in response to this post….will knowledge of what the soldiers had to endure add 20# to my snatch?

2. G8r Dave April 24, 2012 at 2:22 am

The campaigns around Stalingrad and Kursk are a lifetime of learning. What passed for combat on the western front bore no resemblance to the utter depravity of “Ostfront” combat. Very Paleo in its primal nature. It also is fertile ground to find “The Fellowship of Shared Suffering”. Most US officers I knew studied the US vs. the Axis. I studied the Russian front much more. Better preparation for WW3.

But I bet they didn’t have to climb ropes there!

3. G8r Dave April 24, 2012 at 1:39 pm

SATURDAY ROAD TRIP TO REGIONALS?

Unrelated to the Eastern Front or 20RM Squats, but some of us just can’t take the time to overnight to the Regionals but want to be there for some of the action. SO, I am trying to see how many CFKT folks are interested in car-pooling and convoying to go up and back on Saturday. Tickets are $10 but that’s not the hard part. To be there at 9:00 when the event opens, we’ll need to be leaving K-town at around 0400 hours! Not gonna lie, this will be a hassle but unless you are a driver, you can sleep the whole way up.

People interested in an early morning departure and late night return on Saturday, May 12th reply to this or contact me at dave.parmly@pilottravelcenters.com.

4. T-Pain April 24, 2012 at 1:51 pm

I wouldn’t say “all of us” are ignorant of the Eastern Front….

5. T-Pain April 24, 2012 at 1:56 pm
  6. G8r Dave April 24, 2012 at 2:04 pm

Tay, I noticed thgat “all” but chose not to take it personally. Sometimes, I almost think Coach G purposefully says things just to be provocative.

Comments are closed.