Call Us Today! 865.591.8923 | 4432 Middlebrook PikeKnoxville, TN 37919|info@crossfitktown.com

Breakfast…the most important meal of the day

Home/CrossFit Ktown Knoxville, Uncategorized/Breakfast…the most important meal of the day

Breakfast…the most important meal of the day

Rise Up being awesome!

Warm-up: Foam Roll T-Spine, Banded Shoulder/Peck/Lat Stretch,

[5 Normal/Narrow Air Squats, 10 Halos (35/20lbs), 10 Dislocates in Bottom of Squat, 10 Hindus x2]

Jerk: 5 Singles @ 90% 1RM

Push Press: Heavy Set of 3

MetCon – 6 Rounds For Time:
5 Handstand Push-Ups
25 Unbroken Double-Unders

“Paleo” and “breakfast,” sometimes the two become very boring if all you ever eat are eggs. I have had several people ask recently what they can eat for breakfast because the eggs and bacon or eggs and sausage combo is becoming very boring. Well if that is all you’ve eaten for 5 weeks straight…no WONDER! Here are some tips and other breakfast options if you are in a rut with your breakfast creativity.

  • Change the way you are eating your eggs.
    Sunny-side-up (or down), omelets, hard-boiled, poached, egg muffin, etc.
  • Eat other foods for breakfast.
  • Other breakfast options (off the top of my head)

–          All varieties of sausage (turkey, Italian, beer, brawts, etc.)

–          All varieties of bacon (turkey, Canadian, etc.)

–          Salmon with capers (very tiny dollop of regular cream cheese)

–          Smoothie with unsweetened coconut/almond milk, berries, and almond butter

–          Fried ham or turkey

–          Paleo cereal with unsweetened coconut/almond milk and berries (a very small amount will   suffice for your caloric need)

–          Bell peppers, tomatoes, plus your favorite meat

These are just a few options. Mix and match and play around with foods you like. Don’t just get stuck with the same breakfast day in and day out. You will eventually fail.

Don’t give up on this challenge!
<3 Coach Miss J

By | 2017-04-25T14:38:53+00:00 November 1st, 2011|CrossFit Ktown Knoxville, Uncategorized|7 Comments

7 Comments

  1. forrest November 1, 2011 at 9:19 pm

    I’m so mad at whoever said bacon, eggs, or sausage could ever get old

  2. G8r Dave November 1, 2011 at 9:26 pm

    Heathen. Grok happy to have ample supply of same food. Beats starvation.

  3. Noel November 1, 2011 at 10:51 pm

    I’d just say go for the two chick-fil-a chicken biscuits with extra jelly I had this morning. That never gets old for me. Especially if you top it off with a little OJ. Although, I may go with the new spicy version tomorrow…..

  4. Rise Up November 2, 2011 at 1:13 pm

    You don’t have to eat eggs and bacon/sausage for breakfast either. I had leftover ribeye and fruit one morning. Every once in a while we make eggs and sausage for dinner just to change it up… Oh, and that is a pretty OSSUM photo.

  5. T-Pain November 2, 2011 at 2:30 pm

    Noel. Based on your breakfast, I don’t think you know what paleo is.

  6. Coach CBo November 2, 2011 at 2:33 pm

    FACT: If you’re not eating bacon and eggs every morning then you don’t want to get strong

  7. Callie November 2, 2011 at 7:16 pm

    I have eaten eggs & bacon or eggs & sausage for probably 95% of all breakfasts since the first day of the first paleo challenge, January 11 2010. It never gets old. The other 5% I have dabbled with paleo “pancakes” (using almond butter, eggs & flaxseed meal), fruit omelets or as James mentioned, leftovers. BAby!

Comments are closed.