Call Us Today! 865.591.8923 | 4432 Middlebrook PikeKnoxville, TN 37919|info@crossfitktown.com

Cry me a River

Cry me a River

That's the face we know and love.

Warm-up: 10 Wall Slides, 10 Tuck Jumps, 10 Ring Rows, 10 Sit-Ups, 10 OHS Dislocates (PVC)

2 Push Press + 1 Jerk: 10 Sets to Establish Heavy Weight

MetCon – For Time:
21-15-9
KB Swings (70/50lbs)
Burpees

Today is a sad day. Coach Tay Tay and the ever lovely Jess Bomb had their last day of workout at CFKT. They will be hopping in their packed car and heading to Chicago tomorrow. I cannot express enough how sorely they will be missed by all Ktowners who have had the pleasure of knowing them or being coached by them, and I don’t think they can ever be replaced. Here are just a few of the numerous memories I have of my favorite “big” people couple.

Regionals 2010.

Subbing in last minute at Garage Games 2011.

Face off style.

Jess unimpressed with the hot dog eating contest.

1) Tay Tay I will always remember our dance parties in the afternoon classes.
2) Jess Bomb don’t forget your gym etiquette rules.
3) Tay, I got a chopper in the car.
4) Jess, toes-2-bar…nuff said.
5) Taylor make sure to never give out your email again (aka how G got him in the gym)
6) Jess you’re so pretty and if you stay we will get some mirrors for you.
7) Tay it’s hard to forget you showing up to the Ktown 2.0 extravaganza in sunglasses and smelling of…
8) Jess don’t forget to do some workouts in Chicago to Pretty Girl Rock for me and get a party bus.

Post your favorite Tay/Jess memories to comments or some well wishes.

Don't see this much from the big guy.

Yes that is during a beer WOD.

How I like to remember him best.

That's my girl!

By | 2017-04-25T14:38:38+00:00 May 16th, 2012|CrossFit Ktown Knoxville, Uncategorized|11 Comments

11 Comments

1. Kathleen May 17, 2012 at 1:21 am

Soooo sad I didnt get to see you both before you go…I didnt know you were leaving so soon!! Thanks for the great coaching and all the laughs…good luck in chicago!!

2. Braers May 17, 2012 at 2:39 am

Favorite Jess moment: I walked up behind Jess and said “hey baby” and put my arm around her. To this day, she thinks I thought she was Kirsten…

Favorite Tay moment: 2010 Regionals Event 3 (Team 5k row) – Taylor rows the last 500m leg and, after 3 all out 500m sprints earlier in the workout, somehow gets the pace to say 1:13 for a few strokes towards the end. We ended up third in that event, and were it not for a clock malfunction and starting a bit late, the cameras SHOULD have been all over Taytay’s epic gameface.

3. G8rDave May 17, 2012 at 3:33 am

Favorite Jess moment: “Liking” her … comments on FB. Just about every one a literary and/or comdeic gem. Priceless.

Favorite Tay moment: I PRd a C&J after much work from Tay on footwork, everything. Tay’s comment…”Ugly, but you got it there.” then he smiled like I was the doctor holding out his first-born son…and that is what makes him such a great coach.

Tay and Jess-Bomb, you are indeed family to many of us…your love and joy for where you were and what you were doing is so manifest and I envy the circle of friends who are out there, not knowing either of you yet, about to have their world rocked. I envy them intensely. 2 of my favorite people in the world.

4. Patty Cakes May 17, 2012 at 2:02 pm

Favorite Tay moment: when he said that Jeanine Garofalo was #2 on his “Hot Celebrity List” and we made fun of him thereafter.

Favorite Jess moment: when she came into to the room- and everyone was nearly asleep- just to inform us that there was a Jeanine Garofalo movie on…

Why are they both about Jeanine Garofalo and how many times can one say Jeanine Garofalo in a single post?

5. Dougie Fresh May 17, 2012 at 3:10 pm

I’m pretty sure when Tay showed up to the 2.0 extravaganza in sunglasses, they were my white ones from the night before. Shenanigans.

With Taylor and Jess, I will always cherish the Deion laugh forever and ever and ever. It’s the single hardest time I’ve laughed with Taylor.

Also, and I think I can speak for Jeph here: the plethora of secret handshakes.

#hats

Please enjoy your life together, and never, ever hang out with Danny Woodcock.

6. Coach CBo May 17, 2012 at 5:17 pm

Tay – Playing cicada toss onto Miss J’s mouth leading to instant hilarity

Jess Bomb – Last year watching 10 straight hours of It’s Always Sunny episodes while my ankle was all swole up like a melon and eating the wonderful paleo-goodies

Geez – too much fun over the past few years…definitely the kind of people that you know something amazing will happen when you’re around them.

Love Youinz

7. crossfitktown May 17, 2012 at 9:03 pm

I squatted without Taylor for the first time in a really long time today. My progress will never be the same. Whose numbers will I chase now?

G

8. Braers May 18, 2012 at 12:17 am

Meaghan’s.

9. crossfitktown May 18, 2012 at 12:27 am

Priceless Braers. Priceless
    – Miss J

10. crossfitktown May 18, 2012 at 12:38 am

Some other favorite Jess moments: Krump dancing in the parking lot of 1.0 the first or second time I met you; You cleaning me at Garage Games; Putting snake tattoos all over ourselves for Regionals last year and then showing them off at Cheesecake Factory #CrossFit Maximus!

Some other classic Taylor moments: The Arnolds and doo doo “…”; The knee circle dance; KB juggling when hungover at 1.0; The first time you walked in with a mustache…the list goes on and on.

11. Braers May 18, 2012 at 12:42 am

Cheesecake Factory was great: “Are they all big like you…?”

Comments are closed.