Warm-up: 10/5 Pull-Ups, 10/5 Chin-Ups, 15 Dislocates, 10 Reverse Hypers, 10 Air Squats x2
High Bar Back Squat: 3×5
MetCon – 8 Minute AMRAP:
9 Deadlifts (155/100lbs)
12 Push Ups (Flash Hands)
15 Box Jumps (24/18”)
Finisher: 3×10 Leg Raises (Stall Bars or Pull-Up Bar)
Guest post time! But before that we have some sign-up sheets at the gym for the Spring Fling (which consists of three 5K races close together in dates). If you are interested grab one and sign-up!
I’m going to do it,
<3 Coach Miss J
Who likes running?…me neither. So here is the event for us! The Dogwood Mile is a ONE MILE fun run taking place on Friday, April 29, 2011 as part of the Dogwood Arts Festival. Participants start in Market Square around 8:30pm and run the length of Gay Street and back. The race ends on Market Square with a party, including live music, refreshments, and a cornhole tournament. Now that sounds like the kind of run worth doing.
So of course, CFKT is going to have a team. I expect every person to sign up (unless you have a really good excuse) for the following reasons:
· It’s only $10 (if on a team of 4) or $15 (if you pre-register) and you get a t-shirt and beer at the finish line.
· It supports the Dogwood Arts Festival.
· It’s ONLY ONE MILE (and this is coming from me, the person who hates running more than anyone at the gym) so anyone at this gym could do it.
· Most members of this gym could finish it in about 3 minutes and people would like to see that.
· It’s about time to challenge other gyms (that will have teams) like The Rush and CrossFit Knoxville.
· It’s a run that ends with a party! (Take that Knoxville Marathon and your fancy stadium).
If you would like to join the team (and you should), please let me know or put your name on the sign-up sheet.