Warm-up: 20 Arm Circles (Forward/Backward), 20 Body Hugs, Lat Stretch (30 seconds), Frog Stretch (30 seconds), 10 Hang Muscle Snatch (45/25lbs)
Press: 5RM; back off 10% and do 1 max set of reps
MetCon – For Time:
400m Weight Carry (100/70lbs)
It’s the last week here at the original CrossFit Ktown. It’s been a good year and a lot of fantastic people/CrossFitters have come through our doors. We can only hope our next spot will be filled with as many amazing peeps and memories. As we say goodbye to this chapter of Ktown, we thought it would be a good time to remember some of our favorite Ktown moments.
In no particular order…
1) Death Days and all of the nasty, sweaty people it brought with it.
2) Rachael (aka Diva) finally dropping under the barbell in a full squat clean.
3) The addition of two new coaches, Taylor Layman and Erin Slocum.
4) Geri Scalf getting on the board for her 1RM Press.
5) The morning ladies learning how to bring intensity to MetCons.
6) Becca Alberts thinking she DL’ed 155, but really CBo had 205 on the bar.
7) Our Saturday rowing seminar hosted by the amazing Sarah Arms.
8) Leanne Morgan and Travis McCroskey winning our first Paleo Challenge.
9) Brandon, G, Jerepops, and more lanning at the gym late on Saturday nights (nerds).
10) Finally getting “the intimidator,” Kirsten, to come to a free Saturday class and love it.
11) Duct taping weights to the bar so Taylor can DL more.
12) Wiping all the coaches’ names off the PR board because so many members had achieved that status.
13) Samantha, Callie, Erin, Kirsten, and all the other girls getting their first kipping pull-ups.
14) Miss J/ Travis/ Taylor getting their first muscle-ups.
15) James doing broken thumb burpees.
16) Affiliate team practices on Saturdays.
17) You all doing Murphy in the snow and ice.
18) Our Christmas party and the fight over the “Edward” poster.
19) Watching Ben and his lil bro do Fight Gone Bad (and his bro puking).
20) Having Brandon’s Christmas Fran and our “Rip” boxes posted on the mainsite.
21) The first time our Saturday class broke 30 people.
22) Watching Lee complete the “Row 1K, Run 5K, Row 1K” WOD.
23) Seeing you all do the Halloween workout in your “Fran,” “Cow,” “Bruno,” and other costumes.
24) Megan’s first Rx’ed “Angie”.
25) Coach G failing his own named WOD because it was so hard.
26) Travis setting a PR on the snatch and it being the most beautiful one ever.
27) The 6AM class getting up at the crack of dawn even in the winter cold.
28) The D-Day workout from last summer with G, CBo, Kyle, and Forrest.
29) Our Grand Opening Celebration with over 100 people with Blake manning the grill.
30) And finally the amount of sweat we’ve mopped off our mats, cleaned from the barbells, and wiped from the KBs (but not the DB’s…we let those get gross.)
Post your favorite Ktown memories to comments,
<3 Coach Miss J